Attribution / Licensing

Friday, January 17, 2014

King's Watch - Marc Laming art

So a snap of Flash Gordon and Mandrake the Magician going off-roading through some weird alien-esque critter was flopped around Twitter.

I like it! So.. despite the low-res availability,  and after some fiddle-farting around with my browser and Instagram, I managed to get the pic[and permissions] and coloured it in.


From what little I've seen / read of King's Watch, it's pretty good entertainment!
Knowing almost nothing about any of the characters, aside from the 70s?80s? Flash Gordon movie [mostly the Queen theme song] and the ..mid/late 90s? The Phantom movie, I like seeing these guys getting together and doing awesome things.  Jeff Parker and Marc Laming have a good series here.

Part of me visualizes the art credits as being emblazoned like raised ornaments...leaving an imprint on the robo-alien-thing's chassis\chest. And that makes me laugh. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment