Attribution / Licensing

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Batman '66

So, via Greg Pak, by way of Brian Michael Bendis with a source of Alex Chung through the magic of Tumblr, I come across a black and white image of this awesomeness.  Classic 1966 Batman and villains as drawn by Kevin Maguire.

And it's just one of those things I had to colour. From memory, despite the fact the show is/was before my time, but reruns let everything live forever, more or less.

So.. some classic campy Batman, drawn by Kevin Maguire, coloured by me:


My only real concern doing this from memory is the Egg Master [Egg Man?..bald guy by the Joker, played by Vincent Price if I remember right], and the two top-corner villains, along with the prison-striped faceless guy behind the Mad Hatter.

And just because.. I even colour-doodled in Cesar Romero's white-painted mustache on the Joker.

Trying to think of the actors behind the costumes...  Adam West, Burt Ward, Cesar Romero, Frank Gorshin, Julie Newmar \ Ertha Kitt, Vincent Price, Burgess Meredith, ... I can't remember who played King Tut, Mr. Freeze or the Mad Hatter.


No comments:

Post a Comment