Attribution / Licensing

Friday, December 5, 2014

Try something new

I usually like trying new things, especially if it'll let me expand my skills and hone or stretch my abilities.

So for this, I wanted to kind of reverse my normal method.
A sketch layer, a shade layer, and everything else on one layer. Line-art in the colour of the item. Fill it in a slightly different shade of same colour.

Not a terrible re-imagining for Sketch_Dailies' topic of The Riddler, but if you figure he's wearing a bald-cap, and a wig on top of it... plus the eye-mask, well, maybe that ain't too bad. Most of the redesign went into the trade-mark ?-cane.  A bit more short-blade sickle, and I figured hey, green & purple, a lot of weapons nowadays have circles punched through them for weight balancing and what-not, why not do that, but fill'em with the other costume colour ? I think I spent 2 hours start to finish, with a lot of revision in the sketch phase.


While most of the picture could burn, I am really please with how Edward's shoes came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment